JOB DESCRIPTION – Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
The parish of St. Ignatius of Loyola has a need for a part time Social Media and Marketing Coordinator. This person would report to the Pastor. This position is responsible for the overall marketing, planning, management, coordination, and for all of parish programs and events. This is all in an effort to provide sufficient resources to assure that the parish is reaching the members of the parish and the greater Frederick County community.
Responsible for the promotion and marketing of the parish to create awareness and evangelize to the community. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Market research, Media planning with the use of social media tools to increase usership
- Creation and execution of a strategic marketing plan using a diverse media mix, in collaboration with the parish staff
- Design and creation of marketing materials, not limited to the parish website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and manage the parish YouTube channel
- Social Media and Marketing Coordinator would manage the all parish’s electronic communications, including the weekly electronic bulletin.
- Vision creation and oversight of photo shoots and video production for events and special liturgies
- This position would use social media to promote activities and events
- Database management: to access the parish database to promote events and activities.
- Promote understanding, acceptance and support of the vision and mission statements and objectives of the parish
- Responsible for maintaining professional writing and design standards for parish communications. This includes electronic communications, as well as print and digital designs for the parish website.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, but not required
- Experience in marketing, enrollment management, sales, and/or communications preferred
- Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for the Catholic faith
- Demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in developing and accomplishing organizational goals
- Superior communication skills, ability to conceptualize and execute strategic plans, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with staff, volunteers, children, visitors, and the media
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Publisher) WordPress and social media
- Experience in a parish or not-for-profit environment preferred
All interested persons should send an email with cover letter and a resume to Fr. Michael J. Jendrek at Pastor@e-stignatius.org