St. Ignatius of Loyola
Reconciliation and Eucharist Registration is Now Open
Sacramental Preparation Program Overview
This program is open to all baptized Catholic students in the second grade or older that have completed a year of formation last year either here at the parish or in a Catholic School. The order of this year is mandated by the Bishops that all children must be prepared for Reconciliation prior to the preparation of the study of the Mass and Eucharist. Students will learn that Jesus is God with us and how He is wanting to be closer in relationship with all of us. We will share how through the word of God and our own actions reveal who we belong to. We will walk with all students in prayer, attending Mass and reflection of how the Holy Spirit has always been with them and calls them into a deeper relationship with God. A word of thanks to all parents. Thank you, parents, for remaining faithful to the promises that were made at your child’s baptism. Your faith and word to raise your child in the ways of faith in the Spirit that was given to them at their Baptism has brought you to this day. Thanks to all parents for your dedication to the faith life of your child. The days and times of each available option will be Sunday 10 am to 11 am, Monday 5 pm to 6 pm or Monday 7 pm to 8 pm. The parish is purchasing laptops, cameras and mics to bring everyone together.
Preparation for Children to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation (Penance) and Eucharist
First Communion is a very exciting time for a family. The reception for the first time at the Altar of the most Holy Eucharist is the second Sacrament of Initiation for your child and a blessed day for your family. As a part of the preparation for Eucharist, all children must be participate in the preparation for the Sacrament of Reconciliation as a prerequisite. The preparation for the Sacrament of Reconciliation is required by the USCCB and the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
What to do to prepare for the first of many blessed days for your child to participate in the Reconciliation & Eucharistic Sacraments:
- All children must have completed 1 year of Faith Formation in a parish based program or a Catholic School to be eligible.
- All children must be currently enrolled in a Faith Formation in our parish based program or a Catholic School to be eligible.
- Fill out the Sacramental registration form.
- Please attach a copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate.
- Attendance and completion of all requirements.
Cost for the class: $80 at the time of registration
Ministry Platform Portal Is Now Open for Online Registration
The Parish Staff of St. Ignatius is excited to share with you our new interactive database called Ministry Platform. Ministry Platform is being rolled out to all of the parishes of the Archdiocese of Baltimore. We are the sixth parish to have migrated our data base and will be connected with the Archdiocese and parishes to share many wonderful offerings and help families stay connected.
A household now has the ability to create an account to join the parish, update family information, add a member, access to sacramental records, review offertory, look for small groups, email directly to staff, participate with our online parish directory, upload photos, and REGISTER FOR FAITH FORMATION!
To explore and create your account we have provided the following link:
Portal to Ministry Platform -> https://e-stignatius.org/parish-forms/portal-access/
For Faith Formation and Sacramental Prep classes (Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation) please go to the event finder on the “Public” tab in the portal.
All Students will be expected to participate in the following events and activities:
- Completed registrations forms submitted before the start of classes
- Parents will attend all online orientations
- Attend all class events in person or virtually
- Participate as a family in weekly attendance at the Weekend Mass
- Complete and return The Family Life textbook by January 1, 2021
- Complete and return homework on time
Cost for Sacramental Prep: $80 at the time of registration
Class Gathering Format & Dates:
- All classes and events will be either in-person or virtual.
- None of the classes will be recorded per the guidance of the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
- All class schedules and forms are listed on our parish website.
- The Family Life Unit will be distributed to students in grades K – 5th in November for parents to teach and return by January 1st.
- This year only, students preparing for Reconciliation and First Eucharist will only register for the Sacramental Prep class and NOT register for Faith Formation.
- The class year will end in mid-May
Student Class Safety is of the utmost importance to us –
- All class and events will be a hybrid of in-person or virtual.
- All families will be asked to sign a Faith Formation Registration form, Zoom Participation Waiver, Covid and a Covid-19 Parent Acknowledgement and Agreement waiver, Waiver Assumption of Risks in order to participate. These forms are available on our website at https://e-stignatius.org/parish-forms/ Please download each form to fill out, save then return to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All classes will have two Virtus/Worthy of the Call certified volunteers at each gathering.
- For In Person Study –
- Students will be health screened before attending.
- Masks will be worn at all times in the building.
- Small groups will be limited to 12 students per group.