Confirmation Program Overview –
This program is open to all baptized Catholic students in the 10th grade that have completed a year of formation in 9th grade either here at the parish or in a Catholic High School. The Sacrament of Confirmation is the last of the three Sacraments of Initiation. Candidates will learn about their call to discipleship through word and service to others. We will walk with all students and sponsors in prayer, Mass and reflection of how the Holy Spirit has always been with them and calls them into a deeper relationship with God. A word of thanks to all parents. Thank you parents for remaining faithful to the promises that were made at your child’s baptism. Your faith and word to raise your child in the ways of faith in the Spirit that was given to them at their Baptism has brought you to this day. Thanks to all parents for your dedication to the faith life of your child.
Expectations For All Confirmation Candidates
All Candidates will be expected to participate in the following events and activities:
- Class events in person
- Weekend Mass, turn in mass card/bulletin with Candidates Name
- Complete 10 hours of combined In Church-Community Service
- Weekend Retreat at the Bishop Claggett Center in February
- To have a Sponsor Form and Baptismal Certificate by December 5th, 2021
- Decide and Write a Saint Paper, Due March 20 2022
- Write a Letter of desire to be Confirmed to the Bishop by April 10th 2022
Cost for Confirmation: $250 per Candidate
Class Gathering Format & Dates:
- All classes and events will be in-person .
- All class schedules and forms are listed on our parish website.
- There at 2 classes each month for 1 hour. Attendance is mandatory. Candidates missing more than 3 classes may not be eligible to receive the Sacrament.
“For I know well the plans I have in mind for you—oracle of the LORD—plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope.” -Jeremiah 29:11