Baptism is the first and fundamental sacrament and the gateway to the other sacraments. If you are seeking baptism for your child (or children), please continue with the following steps:
- If you wish to be registered at St. Ignatius of Loyola parish, please begin your family’s registration process by clicking here. If you are already registered or are not registering at this time, please go to Step #2.
- Complete a Baptismal Registration Form by clicking here.
- Provide the parish with a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate (or Legal Documentation of Adoption) after you have completed #2. You may mail it to the parish (4103 Prices Distillery Road, Ijamsville, MD 21754, ATTN: BAPTISM), or drop it off at the parish in our secure “Drop Box” in the Foyer of Building “B”, or scan the Certificate to Deacon Larry Matheny’s email (LMatheny@archbalt.org)
- For Catholic Godparents please provide the following Godparent Certification Form to your Godparent so that they may complete it and have their home parish sign and place their seal on it. Please return these to the parish (drop-off or U.S. Mail, as above) at least two weeks prior to the scheduled baptism. Find this form to print and return here.
- One Godparent may be a Baptized Christian from another faith community, and we ask that they are provided this form to complete and return it to the parish (drop-off or U.S. Mail, as above) at least two weeks prior to the scheduled baptism. Find this form to print and return here.
- Attend a Baptism Preparation Class (selected during the Baptism registration process in #2 above). Children are always welcome to attend the Baptism Preparation Class with both parents. All baptism Preparation classes meet in the Parish Media Center (Building “C”).
- Families can schedule the baptism(s) at the Baptism Preparation Class that they attend.