St. Ignatius of Loyola
Elementary Faith Formation
All Students will be expected to participate in the following events and activities:
- Completed registrations forms submitted before the start of classes
- Parents will attend all online orientations
- Attend all class events virtually
- Participate as a family in weekly attendance at the Weekend Mass
- Complete and return The Family Life textbook by January 1, 2021
- Complete and return homework on time
Cost for the class: $40 at the time of registration
Class Gathering Format & Dates:
- All classes and events will be virtual.
- None of the classes will be recorded per the guidance of the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
- All class schedules and forms are listed on our parish website.
- The Family Life Unit will be distributed to students in grades K – 5th in November for parents to teach and return by January 1st.
- This year only, students preparing for Reconciliation and First Eucharist will only register for the Sacramental Prep class and NOT register for Faith Formation.
- The class year will end in mid-May
Student Class Safety is of the utmost importance to us –
- All class and events will be virtual.
- All families will be asked to sign a Faith Formation Registration form, Zoom Participation Waiver in order to participate. These forms are available on our website at https://e-stignatius.org/parish-forms/ Please download each form to fill out, save then return to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All classes will have two Virtus/Worthy of the Call certified volunteers at each gathering.
“At the heart of catechesis we find, in essence, a Person, the Person of Jesus of Nazareth, the only Son from the Father…who suffered and died for us and who now, after rising, is living with us forever.” To catechize is “to reveal in the Person of Christ the whole of God’s eternal design reaching fulfillment in the Person. It is to seek to understand the meaning of Christ’s actions and words and of signs worked by him. Catechesis aims at putting “people…in communion … with Jesus Christ; only he can lead us to the love of the Father in the Spirit and and make us share in the life of the Holy Trinity.” CCC 426Donate